This is the Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D lens:
This lens has been superseded by the Nikon 50mm f/1.4G.
Todd’s first concert photos — Todd shoots concerts professionally, and according to comment #18 on his concert photography equipment guide page, his first ever concert shoot (see the images at his BR-549 @ Off Broadway gallery) was done with the 50mm f/1.4D mounted on a Nikon D70.
Visit ishootshows.com for more of Todd’s work.
Accessories and Add-Ons
The filter thread size on the 50/1.4 D is 52mm, which means you’ll want to be looking at purchasing 52mm filters.
Additionally, Nikon lists the following accessories:
- CL-0715 Soft Lens Case
- HR-1 Rubber Lens Hood
- HR-2 Rubber Lens Hood
- HS-9 Snap-On Lens Hood — get it from Nikon USA or B&H Photo Video.
- LC-52 Snap-On Front Lens Cap 52mm
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
- 52mm Circular Polarizer II
- 52mm Screw-On NC (Neutral Color) Filter
- 52mm Screw-On Soft Focus Filter
Nikon Lenses — Main page