Last update (Jul 14, 2009): Canon SD960 IS / IXUS 110 IS Review at Cameras.co.uk.
This post is a compilation of links to the following resources on the Canon Powershot SD960IS / Digital IXUS 110 IS:
- Professional and user reviews, owner opinions and experiences, tests, ratings, conclusions and feedback.
- Sample photos and examples, image galleries and user pictures, movie / video clips and footage.
Professional and user reviews, owner opinions and experiences, tests, ratings, conclusions and feedback
Rating score: 86, and the verdict states:
This camera scores very highly for picture quality. It is not cheap, but the stylish design will be attractive to many. High Definition movies are a draw too. The wide angle lens is useful for sweeping landscape shots.
The review also includes a gallery of web-sized test shots, consisting of landscapes / scenics, portraits and macros / close-ups.
In his conclusion of the camera, Steve says that the SD960 continues in the tradition of the first Digital ELPH he reviewed way back in 2000, the PowerShot S100. Specifically:
The SD960 continues on in its predecessor footsteps, offering the latest and greatest of Canon’s legendary technologies, powerful features, speedy performance, excellent image quality, and loads of exposure options, all packed in a “Go Anywhere” frame.
Steve also points out that when shooting movies inside dimly lit interiors, you’ll see vertical banding artifacts if there is a strong light source in the scene.
Amazon has more owner and user reviews on the Canon SD960 IS / IXUS 110 IS.
At the time of writing, Jul 14, 2009, the 8000 has a score of 4 / 5 stars based on 26 customer reviews. M. Martin, an owner, wrote:
I got this camera as a gift and I must say it is one of the best cameras I’ve ever owned. Works great — takes great pictures and video. 12.1MP is also a plus and the HD video is great too.
Sample photos and examples, image galleries and user pictures, movie / video clips and footage
There are two sample video clips at the bottom of the page. The first clip, taken indoors, shows the strong vertical banding artifact Steve talks about in his review. The second clip was taken outdoors.
There’s a ton of outstanding SD960 / IXUS 110 images in this set. Colors and tonality are just superb, although I wish there was a way to view larger images.
Some of my favorites are:
- Buildings, Branches and a Blue Sky.
- Morning Table (nice unibody MacBook Pro in the photo).
- Image of a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX lens on a unibody MacBook Pro (I like gadget photos).
- Nice food photo, taken in the Circa bistro / restaurant in Cazenovia, New York.
- Beautiful Spring morning landscape.
- Thre indoor, relatively low-light shots: New Titles, Bookery, Ithaca NY and Bookery 2.
View more photos in the Canon SD960 IS/Digital IXUS 110 IS/IXY Digital 510 IS on Flickr.