This is the AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II which was announced on Sep 15, 2010:
Download the Nikon 200mm f/2G VR II Manual (PDF link).
There are 5 official Nikon 200mm f/2G VR II sample photos posted up on Nikon Imaging. None of them are available at full-resolution, however, they are large enough for you to reasonably judge color, contrast and bokeh with.
Standard / optional accessories and add-ons
The manual mentions the following included accessories:
- Dedicated slip-on front lens cap. Here’s a forum post that discusses the pros and cons of various third-party alternatives:
- LensCoat Hoodie (made of neoprene). Available at B&H Photo Video and Amazon. Watch a product demonstration video at LensCoat.com, and if necessary, contact them to find out which size fits the Nikon 200/2G VR II lens.
- OP/TECH USA Hood Hat. Available sizes are listed at OP/TECH USA — contact them to ask for a suitable size.
- AquaTech ASCN-3 SoftCap
- Dedicated slip-in filter holder
- LN-1 Lens Strap
- Rear Lens Cap LF-4
- HK-31 Slip-on Lens Hood
- Ballistic Nylon Semi-soft CL-L1
The filter thread size of the dedicated slip-in filter holder for the 200/2G VR II 52mm, which means you’ll want to be looking at purchasing 52mm neutral color or soft focus filters. Nikon also makes their own filters, namely Nikon C-PL3L Slip-in 52mm Circular Polarizing Filter (the slip-in version of the CPL filter is required for the 200/2G VR2 lens), 52mm Screw-on Soft Focus Filter and 52mm Screw-On NC (Neutral Color) Filter.
The full list of compatible accessories is available at Nikon USA.
The 200mm f/2G VR II lens can be used with the following AF‐I/AF‐S teleconverters:
Official Nikon 200mm f/2G VRII websites:
September 15, 2010 AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II press release.
Nikon Lenses — Main page.