These are superb photos shot by Alexring on his trip to Meteora, Greece. All I can say is, what a view!
- View a larger version of the first image series. Alex also gives a little background on this mysterious place.
- The second set of images can be viewed here … look out for a panorama photo in there.
- Equipment used: Nikon D50, Tamron SP AF 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Di II LD IF, Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro and Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX lenses, and a circular polarizing (CPL) filter (‘shop for circular polarizers).
- Alex shares his technique for capturing these images, preferring to shoot in sRGB Mode III with a -0.3 exposure compensation. He also talks about the related postprocessing steps.
- More information for travellers to Meteora (at the time of writing, the website seems to work well only with Internet Explorer, but not with Mozille FireFox).