The English Language Fujifilm FinePix XP30 user manual / operating instructions (FujiFilm calls it the “FujiFilm FinePix XP30 Series Digital Camera Owner’s Manual”) is now online and available for download at FujiFilmUSA.com (right-click and save the user guide to your hard drive).
If the download link didn’t work for you, go to the Support & Contact Center page for the XP30 and manually locate the file XP30_OM.pdf.
Unlike with Nikon, Fuji allows you to freely print the XP30 owner’s handbook without building in any password protection into the PDF.
The file size of 132-page Fuji XP30 Adobe Acrobat PDF document is 8.7 MB (megabytes).
The guide discusses the features of the FinePix XP30 and how to use the camera.
It also describes the use of, and camera settings for several optional accessories. Some examples are:
- Pages 27 to 33: Proper insertion, use and removal of SD, SDHC or the latest SDXC memory cards.
- Pages 69, 108: You’ll need to purchase the optional Fuji AV-C1 A/V cable to view movies and photos from the camera on TV sets. On one end of the cable is a mini USB connector that plugs into the XP30.
- Page 107, 108: You cannot output photographs and movies from the XP30 directly to a HDTV (High-Definition Television) set. To do so, insert the SD / SDHC memory card (SDXC memory cards are not supported) into the Fuji FinePix HDP-L1 HD player, and connect this player to the HDTV using an optional HDMI cable. The HDMI cable should have Type A connectors on both ends.
Here’s a list of related photography tips, books, DVDs and media that you might want to refer to for a tutorial-based approach to learning how to take great digital photos with the Fuji XP30:
- A couple of general pointers in Photography Tips.
- Digital Photography Secrets — Starts off with a free e-course on the basics of great photography.
- Popular Fuji XP30 books and other printed literature and reading material in the Arts & Photography and Books section on Amazon.com.
- DVDs on Photography and Photography Tutorials.
Visit Fuji XP30 for reviews, tips, tricks, techniques, resources and other helpful information.