The announcement of the 8.0 MP (Megapixel) Fuji FinePix S8000fd digital camera first appeared on DCResource.com.
Other nice features:
- It’s the first Fuji digicam to come with image stabilization (CCD sensor shift type)
- Accepts SD (Secure Digital) and SD-HC (High Capacity) memory cards in addition to Fuji’s own xD media
- Automatic face detection that adjusts focus and exposure for up to 10 faces — automatic red eye removal is also thrown in
- Uses Fuji’s acclaimed Super CCD sensor which promises a high dynamic range — we await sample images for further confirmation
What’s not so hot:
- No RAW capability — this is a big disadvantage for photographers who like to capture RAW files for extensive postprocessing
- No dedicated button for AE/AF-L (auto exposure and focus lock)
Note: The Panasonic FZ18 have both features mentioned above.
Fujifilmusa.com has the complete table of specifications after the press release text.
Go to dc.watch.impress.co.jp for larger views of the camera. For pictures showing how the camera would look like in your hand, click the link and scroll past the other Finepix models that were also introduced on the same day as the S8000fd, and all the way to the bottom.