The following Fujifilm FinePix S3200 battery life numbers (how many photos can be taken before power from the fresh or fully-charged batteries runs out) is extracted from the Fuji S3200 Manual and the Fuji S3200 Specifications page.
Three different power supply conditions are tested:
- Four AA-sized alkaline batteries (this is the type supplied with the camera).
- Four AA-sized lithium batteries.
- Four AA-sized rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.
The manual gives the following explanations on how battery life testing is conducted:
- Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards (see the section titled “Standard Procedure for Measuring Digital Still Camera Battery Consumption” for more information) for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured in Auto mode using batteries supplied with camera (alkaline batteries only) and SD memory card. The number of shots that can be taken with battery varies with battery charge level and will decline at low temperatures.
Approximate number of still pictures:
- When using AA alkaline batteries — 300 shots.
- When using AA lithium batteries — 700 shots.
- When using AA NiMH batteries — 500 shots.
Unfortunately, separate battery life figures are not provided for movie shooting and photography at various temperatures.
Refer to page 24 of the S3200 Manual for precautions regarding the use of batteries. One notable point is never to use batteries with peeling or damaged casing, or mix old and new batteries, batteries with different charge levels, or batteries of different types.