The English Language Canon Powershot SX230HS owner’s manual / operating instructions (Canon calls it the “PowerShot SX230 HS Camera User Guide”) is now online and available for download at Canon.com (right-click and save the user guide to your hard drive).
If the download link for the SX230 HS user manual didn’t work for you, go to the Brochures & Manuals download section for the SX230 HS and manually locate the file PSSX230HS_SX220HS_CUG_EN.pdf.
Unlike with Nikon, Canon allows you to freely print the Powershot SX230 HS owner’s handbook without building in any password protection into the PDF. There is a watermark displayed on each page though, and re-saving or copying portions of the manual does require a password.
The file size of 212-page Canon SX230 HS Adobe Acrobat PDF document is 12.1 MB (megabytes).
The guide discusses the features of the SX230 and how to use the camera.
It also describes the use of, and camera settings for several optional accessories. The page references are:
- Pages 16 through 18: Proper insertion and removal of SD, SDHC or the latest SDXC memory cards.
- Pages 133, 134: You’ll need a cable with a HDMI Mini connector on the end that connects to the SX230HS in order to view high-quality images from the camera on HDTV sets. Alternatively, you could purchase the Canon-branded HTC-100 Mini-HDMI cable. The SX230 HS can be controlled with the TV remote when connected to HDTV sets that have HDMI-CEC (CEC stands for Consumer Electronic Control) capability.
- Page 176: Instructions for using the AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30 to operate the camera on household electrical power.
- Pages 177, 178: Complete instructions on using Eye-Fi SD / SDHC memory cards.
Here’s a list of related photography books that you might want to refer to for a tutorial-based approach to learning how to take great digital photos with the Canon SX230 HS:
- A couple of general pointers in Photography Tips.
- Digital Photography Secrets — Starts off with a free e-course on the basics of great photography.
- Popular Canon SX230 HS books and other printed literature and reading material in the Arts & Photography and Books section on Amazon.com.
- DVDs on Photography and Photography Tutorials.
Visit Canon SX230 HS for reviews, tips, tricks, techniques, resources and other helpful information.