The English Language Canon SX210 IS owner’s manual / operating instructions (Canon calls it the “PowerShot SX210 IS Camera User Guide”) is now online and available for download at Canon.com (right-click and save the user guide to your hard drive).
If the download link for the SX210 IS user manual didn’t work for you, go to the Brochures & Manuals download section for the SX210 IS and manually locate the file PSSX210IS_CUG_EN.pdf.
Unlike with Nikon, Canon allows you to freely print the Powershot SX210 IS owner’s handbook without building in any password protection into the PDF. There is a watermark displayed on each page though, and re-saving or copying portions of the manual does require a password.
The file size of 180-page Canon SX210 IS Adobe Acrobat PDF document is 4.1 MB (megabytes).
The guide discusses the features of the SX210 and how to use the camera.
It also describes the use of, and camera settings for several optional accessories. The page references are:
- Pages 16 through 18: Proper insertion and removal of SD, SDHC or the latest SDXC memory cards.
- Page 118: You’ll need a cable with a HDMI Mini connector on the end that connects to the SX210IS in order to view high-quality images from the camera on HDTV sets. Alternatively, you could purchase the Canon-branded HTC-100 Mini-HDMI cable.
- Page 156: Instructions for using the AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30 to operate the camera on household electrical power.
- Pages 157, 158: Complete instructions on using Eye-Fi SD / SDHC memory cards.
Here’s a list of related photography books that you might want to refer to for a tutorial-based approach to learning how to take great digital photos with the Canon SX210 IS:
- A couple of general pointers in Photography Tips.
- Digital Photography Secrets — Starts off with a free e-course on the basics of great photography.
- Popular Canon SX210 IS books and other printed literature and reading material in the Arts & Photography and Books section on Amazon.com.
- DVDs on Photography and Photography Tutorials.
Canon SX210 IS – Main page.