The English Language Canon Powershot A1200 owner’s manual / operating instructions (Canon calls it the “PowerShot A1200 Camera User Guide”) is now online and available for download at Canon.com (right-click and save the user guide to your hard drive).
If the download link for the A1200 user manual didn’t work for you, go to the Brochures & Manuals download section for the A1200 and manually locate the file PSA1200_CUG_EN.pdf.
Unlike with Nikon, Canon allows you to freely print the Powershot A1200 owner’s handbook without building in any password protection into the PDF. There is a watermark displayed on each page though, and re-saving or copying portions of the manual does require a password.
The file size of 196-page Canon A1200 Adobe Acrobat PDF document is 10.5 MB (megabytes).
The guide discusses the features of the A1200 and how to use the camera.
You’ll find details of optional accessories for the A1200 on pages 36 through 38. Some examples are:
- High-Power Flash HF-DC1
- AC Adapter Kit ACK800, which consists of Compact Power Adapter CA-PS800, DC Coupler and Power Cord. This allows you to use household electrical power source if you intend to use the A1200 for an extended period of time. Note that this kit cannot be used to charge a battery in the camera.
- AVC-DC300 A/V Cable — Lets you connect the camera to a TV for shooting and viewing images.
- CBK4-300 Rechargeable Battery and Charger Kit, which includes Battery Charger CB-5AH and four NB-3AH rechargeable NiMH (nickel metal hydride) batteries. The A1200 manual recommends purchasing Canon CBK4-200 Rechargeable Battery and Charger Kit and Canon NB4-300 Battery Pack if you’re looking for alternatives.
Here’s a list of related photography tips, books, DVDs and media that you might want to refer to for a tutorial-based approach to learning how to take great digital photos with the Canon A1200:
- A couple of general pointers in Photography Tips.
- Digital Photography Secrets — Starts off with a free e-course on the basics of great photography.
- Popular Canon A1200 books and other printed literature and reading material in the Arts & Photography and Books section on Amazon.com.
- DVDs on Photography and Photography Tutorials.