Last update (Jun 13, 2009): Sarah Palin photos with the 5D Mark II.
This page is a collection of photo samples taken with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens, plus related image galleries, user pictures and other examples that I’ve come across in forums, online communities, blogs and related websites.
This should help in determining if the image quality of the 70-200/2.8L meets your expectations.
Bear in mind that the majority of these photos are re-sized, and may have gone through post-processing, retouching or other edits. I just thought that it would be interesting to see, at a glance, what Canon 70-200mm f2.* L owners and users are shooting with their lens.
Full-sized images, where available, will assist with judging the image quality.
Attribution is given by linking to the source and where available, the author’s homepage or photo gallery.
Mike Pasik shared three fantastic Canon 5D Mark II pictures of Sarah Palin, who was in “Auburn New York to celebrate Founders Day”.
Mike also revealed the lens he used for the shots, the EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM for the 1st image, and a Canon EF 1.4X II Extender (TC / teleconverter) was added in to extend the reach of the lens for the second and third photo.
See more at Mike’s “Sarah Palin at Founders Day in Auburn New York” gallery.
Pre-production Canon T1i / 500D / Kiss X3 plus EF 70-200mm zoo photos at ImagingResource.com
- Flamingo — f/4.0, 153mm focal length, ISO 100
- Panda — f/2.8,130mm focal length, ISO 130
- Panda — f/3.5, 200mm focal length, ISO 400
- Panda — f/4,120mm focal length, ISO 400
- Panda — f/2.8, 105mm focal length, ISO 400
- Orang Utan — f3.5, 200mm focal length, ISO 400
- Komodo dragon — f/2.8, 120mm focal length, ISO 100
- Komodo dragon — f/2.8, 200mm focal length, ISO 400
- Orang Utan — f/7.1, 200mm focal length, ISO 400
- Red panda — f/3.2, 153mm focal length, ISO 100
- Otter — f/16, 135mm focal length, ISO 1600
- Otter — f/16, 200mm focal length, ISO 1600
- Gorilla — f/2.8, 165mm focal length, ISO 100
- Baboon — f/2.8, 173mm focal length, ISO 100
- Baboon — f/2.8, 200mm focal length, ISO 100